How to synchronize iPhone/Android phone with Outlook Mail
The process depends on the phone manufacturers. If the phone supports Active Sync, then the process is easier to get it configured with Exchange Server.
Phones that support ActiveSync
- Go to Settings > Email and create new account.
- Select option to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server.
- On the Email line type the users email address as username@domain.
- For Password type your Outlook mail password.
- At this point, the iPhone should be trying to discover your Exchange server, if successful skip to step 8. If it cannot, enter the server name 'mymail.ipremise.net' or 'mail.company.com' (example:mail.mydomain.com).
- For Username type CustomerNumber\username - CustomerNumber should look like: 10100###
- If this Fails follow steps 1-5 again and instead of step 6 enter the following. For Username type your username. For Domain type your customer number.
- Select which settings you want to sync to your phone and then select Save in the top right hand corner.
- Verify mail has appeared by selecting the Mail app on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > Accounts and Sync
- Select Add Account and click Next
- Select Corporate/Active Sync/Exchange
- Enter your email address and password. Check “send email from this account by default” if desired.
- Enter “CustomerNumber\yourusername” – CustomerNumber should look like: 10100###
- Ensure Server field has 'mymail.ipremise.net' or 'mail.company.com' (example:mail.mydomain.com) and tap to Accept all SSL certificates.
- Click Next
- Check boxes associated with the features you want to include, such as; Push, Amount to sync, Notifications, Sync Contacts, and Sync Calendar
- Click Next, then give the account a name and enter your name as you would like it displayed on outgoing emails.
Note: It can take a few minutes for calendar entries and contacts to show up